Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Before I started this class it was with the intention of using this new skill to create videos that I could use in "flipping" a lesson. I had visions of videotaping instructions or background information that would allow students to prepare for upcoming labs projects. As the class progressed, I saw how I could use the videos to support those students who had missed labs and reinforce the lab experience for other students as they participated in the making of the "lab makeup videos" These of course could be posted to a class blog for students who missed them and also for students who would need to review the lab before a test. Now after viewing the video that I have included in this weeks lab, I can see how I could use video making to engage my students at a level I have never before thought possible. Making the class project the generation of a video along the lines of the one created by the history teachers where the information is integrated in a meaingful way with today's music and dance would be an optimum learning experience. Breaking the video up so that different groups worked on different aspects of the concept presented would allow for the type of critiquing that we have been doing in class. I wouldn't do it for every unit but I will do it for more than one so that the critiquing can be something students can use to view thier growth in this area of skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment