Tuesday, March 5, 2013


Nostalgia Video from Wendy Chapman on Vimeo.
This week my daughter turned 14 years old.  I am so proud of the young woman she is turning into, but part of me really misses that little girl.  I had so much fun putting her in those frilly dresses.  My mom made the lavender one in the video for her first Easter. My mom also made the Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls in the video except for the face and my dad emroidered the faces.  There were lots of doll babies, and baby beds, and baby buggies in the house for years, but they have slowly disappeared and been replaced by new interests.  Only a few special ones like Raggedy Ann and Andy remain.   I hope to pass all of these things to a granddaughter someday so that my daughter can enjoy them again as she shares them with her little girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment