Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Reflections
1/125 f11 ISO 100
 
I could not resist taking a photo of one of the greatest examples of reflection known to humans.  Most of my first attempts at photographing the moon were blurry blobs of light.  After a little research on the internet, I found some solid settings.  I still couldn't capture objects surrounding me to use as size references because the camera made the moon the light blob again when I did that.  The site I looked at said that the only way to capture the moon in this detail with a more earthly foreground was to take two photos and overlay them somehow in photoshop.  I don't know if lightroom has this capability but the ones they showed were cool and I might like to try it.  I did use my tripod and my macro lens set for infinity when taking these photos, I took a lot of them, and my neck and shoulders hurt from the odd angle I was bent in trying to get the shot.
 
Moon Blob
 
1/60 f/16 ISO 1600
 
I dropped a mirror on the ground that was covered with leaves and twigs and was able to see the reflection of the sky and trees above.  I like the texture and the differences of colors.  Need to turn the picture because tree images in mirror look upside down.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment